When I comes to healthy baking there tends to be so many ingredients involved especially that are hard to find in your local supermarket. I wanted to create something simple and tasty, I was looking around in my cupboard looking for something to make for a sweet treat or something that I can whip up that will taste great that has no sugar. I only had peanut butter and eggs so what does any crazy hungry person do... stick them together and see what happens. I ended up making peanut butter cookies. If you’re not crazy into peanut butter, you might want to give this one a miss! 

1 Cup natural 100% peanut butter.
1 free range egg.
Optional extras: salt, cacao nibs, cacao powder, rice malt syrup.

Let’s do this:

1. Preheat your oven to 180℃ (350℉ or Gas Mark 4) and pour your peanut butter into a bowl. 

2. Add your egg and stir. Keep going until it firms up to a cookie dough consistency – you should be able to roll it into a ball with your hands.

3. Take teaspoon amounts of the mixture and roll into balls with your hands. Place on a lined tray and gently squash them to a disc shape.

4. Optional: Add a tablespoon of cacao powder to half the remaining cookie mix.

5. Pop your cookies into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown with a slightly cracked surface.

6. Eat! 

Hope you enjoy!