I went on a little trip to Wellington over the Easter break, I needed a break from life in Auckland and 2 days in the capital city is just what the doctor ordered. I went to Wellington with my boyfriend Ryan to get our nerd on at Armageddon, but also to do a bit of exploring. Wellington would have to be my favourite city in New Zealand, the culture, the art, the food, the atmosphere. It’s not that big so it’s easy to walk around and it’s great for a little hub.
We managed to squeeze a whole lot of fun into just two days… Starting off with a drink with some friends at Mama Brown's which was wonderful to catch up and the food was divine. The next day we woke up early and went for breakfast at Neo eatery which the place was so colourful and the food was so lovely presented, and it was so yummy. After stuffing our faces with food, we headed off to Armageddon at the Westpac stadium to get our nerd on. It was a lovely day with talks from Jeremy Renner and Bonnie Wright from Harry Potter. We made our back to the port to have a quick look in TePapa (I love this Museum!) which was fab, they had a Gallipoli exhibition which was amazing definitely a must do. We headed off to the waterfront to have dinner at Mr Go's (if you love dumplings and bao buns this place is a must). 
The last day we decided to cram all of the sites of Wellington in to one day. First off, we grabbed a quick bite at a local cafe and jumped on a bus to Wellington Zoo! We spent 3 hours walking around the zoo which was fantastic, I kind of went so I could send 101 boomerangs to my friends. We jumped back on the bus and headed down to Fidel's Cafe for lunch where we had the BEST chicken and waffles I've ever had! After stuffing ourselves, we made our way up to the top of the cable car to get a fantastic view of Wellington's harbour, and a short walk back down the hill through the botanical gardens. Just before our flight out I was told to check out the Library, a cocktail bar located on Courtney place. If you love artsy cafes or cocktail bars, this one you cant miss. The rest of our time in Wellington was spent looking in all the fancy shops – there are SO many beautiful ones and of course, scouting out all of the art.
So, there we have it, our whole 48 hours in Wellington. I hope you loved reading the post as much as I loved putting it together!